Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sleepovers

G was 10 months old on her first sleepover. She stayed with her grandparents, while P-Daddy and I went to Myrtle Beach overnight. She stayed up all night, ate things she shouldn't have and they let her CIO. Flash forward to now, at 6 years old, where she is on her first cognizant sleepover. She's with the C-family, with whom she has woken up many times before, and I am not worried about her. But I do miss her-- I forgot last night and was jarred a bit when I checked on her before I went to bed.

I was proud and a little sad when the phone beside my bed didn't ring.

I hope it is just my tiny anxiety about this little separation manifesting itself, and not a harbinger, but I dreamt of my Grandmother last night. My Grandfather wasn't there with her in her kitchen, but her mother and her sister--both deceased-- were. Many of us were there, eating and being loud together in a Southern, family way. My dh woke me from my dream, which made me angry. I didn't show it, but I was upset to leave my Grandmother's table when I didn't strictly have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment