Saturday, July 14, 2007

Picnics galore

Apparently the vortex is in full effect. This is a good thing in that it means people do enjoy themselves here, but it is a rough thing because people sort of have to plan a daytrip to come to my house. At least for Niki, it is a daytrip so it's no big shock. But for my homies who live in the ten-to-fifteen minute range, it can be alarming to look at a cell phone and see "6.30??? I thought it was 4!"

GreenMama came over here yesterday with what we thought was a well-planned day: we'd exchange some kitchen items, open a birthday gift (Thank you again!), then take our picnic lunches through the HP woods on a hike to the gulley. The kids would play and eat in the dappled sunlight of the forest, then we'd hike back. All done, finis!

Nothing ever goes as planned, right?

The rain and gloom started in so we switched to coffee-and-a-playdate, during which the Moms pored over pottery barn books and mentally dressed my house. Alas, just as it was time to go, the sun came out and we decided to go on the hike anyway!!!! We had a great time, but by the time we got back to my house, the vortex had struck:

"What time is it?" she said
"6.30," I replied
"Oh, my GAWD."

Vortex. Yes. Maybe it's not me. Maybe it's the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment