Monday, September 03, 2007

Teaching meme from Summer

I was tagged by Lillake for a teaching meme. I think this was not intended for homeschoolers, but apparently that is the circuit its making now.

  1. I am a good teacher because… I get excited about what we're learning with them, and I try to see things the way they do.
  2. If I weren’t a teacher I would be a… scientist. I'd probably get my masters in ecology and go back into the workforce if I weren't a homeschooler.
  3. My teaching style is… laaaaaaaaid baaaaaack.
  4. My classroom is… the world. Everything and every one is part of our classroom.
  5. My lesson plans are… printed out and installed in three ring binders I rarely access.
  6. One of my teaching goals… extreme proficiency in whatever they do without being uptight about it or realizing how fabulous they are.
  7. The toughest part of teaching is… balancing actual scholarship in the oldest while fending off the toddler being a toddler.
  8. The thing I love about teaching is… being home with my kids every day and watching them develop.
  9. A common misconception about teaching is… that I am somehow a supermom because I stay home with my children. I get tired of the "I could never do that" and "You must be very patient" comments.
  10. The most important thing I’ve learned since I started teaching is… children are amazingly competent in their own right to learn anything, once they've been given the freedom to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I will try not to be one of those comments ;) But you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete