I got tagged again, this time by Louisa over at MamaMidwifeMadness. I am thrilled when I get a meme tag because I like updating my blog, but find it difficult to do so in the summer. A meme lets me fill the day when I really have too much going on in real time to wrote a concise blog.
RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of the your blog you need to tag eight people and list their names - Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.
1. I don't feel like I have completed my shower unless I have brushed my teeth as well. I do this in the shower, and even have two toothbrushes because sometimes I forget to bring it in with me. I blame the Bob Newhart show. On one episode when discussing parenting, they were arguing whether ones instructs children to "brush their teeth and take a bath" or "take a bath and brush your teeth." In disgust, Bob says "You take a bath with dirty teeth?" and it stuck in my tiny head for some reason.
2. I love homeschooling but I resent having my kids at home all day every day. The only reason I feel this way is because our house is messy. I know I could clean it if I didn't have a toddler following me around in elliptical fashion, destroying the rooms I have completed. I feel bad as a mother because I would rather have my children absent than have a messy house.
3. I am actually, physically excited about the YMCA opening tomorrow. It is 6 miles from my house and they offer huge support to home schoolers. Because we have 5 people in the family we are maxed out on the monthly dues, but that equals just two classes a month using private teachers. (For instance, for N and L to take dance classes for one month would be 50.00 each. Instead of paying for that at a studio, I can give the money to the Y. N&L still get dance classes, but Mom and Dad get to work out and D gets to go too! And they get to have soccer, swimming, etc etc etc.....) I feel fat and ugly and I need a break!
4. The perfect time of day is the dawn of civil twilight, especially in the northwest. Waking up and being outside with a cup of coffee steaming into the swirling morning mists, when the sky is lightening but the sun has not yet risen is, in all ways, magical. Moments like that make this entire life we're building here make sense.
5. I love to bead. I love to knit. I love to draw. I love to paint. I love to sculpt. I love to sing. I love to write. I even love to make sewing-things but I can't do it very well. But please don't call me an artist because that makes me feel pretentious and well, my Mommy might hit me for being all full of myself.
6. Sometimes I really feel like I am dreaming and that if someone wakes me up, I will find that my wonderful life was really just in my imagination.
7. I'm a cheapskate who has a fondness for expensive things (like Jane), but I have turned frugality into a competitive sport. Unlike the average American, my family and friends and I compare notes on how little we paid for the things we bring into our homes. I am embarrassed sometimes by the things I badly want, but I also know I won't spend the money for those things.
8. My affection for all things nautical is true and genuine, not just a decorative bent. I feel most whole when I am on the big water, and I would feel ill were I not to live near it. It would be inconceivable to me as a parent to raise my children away from it.
Xidama, Dalicious, Chikngirl, JubilantTulip, Djinneyeh, Overproducktion, ShadyViolet and Alwaysdreamin