Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My kids are winning

They're far ahead of me. While I have only planted two fruit trees, they have cultivated their individual garden plots, planted some vegetables AND planted ornamental pansies around them. They have nice, neat little garden areas around their play house-- which they have used all year only to store their gardening tools-- and now G wants more land to plant MORE STUFF!

I

love

this.


G even paid for her own starts. She had some money burning a hole in her pocket. I was quite leary of giving into her dipping into her piggy bank, but she said "MOM! You KNOW how much I love to garden. I neeeeeeeeed a plant!" When we went to home depot and told her what the pansies cost, she brought home six of them. Hog. Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that. Mine are begging for a garden too. Since we don't know if we'll be around for the fruits of it we have contemplated doing some pot gardening. Enjoy the fruits of your labor ~L~

    ReplyDelete